- Regard moving as an opportunity to get rid of belongings you no longer need. Consider making ”donate” and “sell” piles in each room for things you could do without.
- People have a tendency to keep outdated paperwork for a very long time. Realise that paper is very heavy . Do yourself a favour and get rid of any outdated documents prior to moving..
- Make sure you have a generous supply of packaging tape, scissors, markers and labels.
- Defrost your refrigerator in time for moving day.
Packing and Labeling
- Label boxes on all sides so you can see what it contains in a stack without having to move everything around.
- Clearly mark boxes containing fragile goods.
- Pack a suitcase with clothes and toiletries like you’re going on a trip for a few days.
- Make sure pets have ID tags on their collars.